New Tradigital Painting: "40 Years Peace"

Here is another tradigital piece that I started painting in my summer trip to Brooklyn. For this piece, I wanted to garb my girl in something ridiculously vivid... inspired by all the glittering shops along 5th Ave. So I chose FUCHSIA. I wanted her to look like she's wrapped in an Hermes scarf.

Despite being so gorgeously adorned, my girl looks quite disturbed. Maybe determined. Maybe both. Can you guess who she is?


She's Jael, a female hero from the Jewish Tanakh. This ferocious lady killed a most wanted badguy by driving a spike through his temple in his sleep. I've loved Jael all my life sine I heard her story when I was like 7. (I got to have cool bedtime stories.)

I can't resist valorous tales no matter the culture... they all sink into my heart because courage is universal. So this is Jael, in the second before she spikes some brains and ushers in a period of peace for Israel which lasts 40 years. That's how I imagine her in my fashion-y, surreal girl world of mine.

Prints of this piece are available to purchase in my shop. Framing is also available! Let me know what you think!

JUURI
New Tradigital Painting: "40 Years Peace" New Tradigital Painting: "40 Years Peace" Reviewed by Julie R on 9:51 PM Rating: 5

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog you have got here.. It's hard to find quality writing like yours nowadays.
    I honestly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi JUURI,
    I am a student currently taking a Diverse History of Contemporary Art and we recently learned about Japonisme in France. We also learned about appropriation and authentication, also about how the Japanese were really happy to share their culture with others. I stumbled across your blog while searching for blogs about Japanese art. I truly love the vibrant colors and the details you put into your pieces, I also really enjoy reading about the stories behind your pieces because it shows how much effort and care goes into all of your work. I noticed you hadn't posted in awhile, I would love to see more of your work. Hope all is well and take care.
    Viviana

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.